Welcome to 2014!
Thank you to everyone who came out to support us in our first few months. We're looking forward to growing even more this year, and are excited to have everyone along for the ride.
- New: Adult Indoors Drop-in Quidditch at the Collicutt Centre starting Tuesday February 4, 9:15-10:30PM. Just pay regular drop-in rate and come play and learn!
- Canceled: the January 18th Healthy Living Expo in Innisfail has been canceled so obviously, we won't be attending it
- To Be Determined: we'll continue to evaluate the conditions for outdoor quidditch but based on our last practice in December, we suspect the conditions may still be a bit dangerous (frostbite in thigh-deep snow). We will update when we can restart outdoor Saturday practices (finding a new location, likely). In the meantime, adults can attend our Drop-In but kids will have to wait until later this winter or spring. Sorry; there's just too much snow to be safe right now, and safety is essential.
- Save the Date: Saturday March 29 for the Red Deer Quidditch Tournament (yeah, we'll come up with a better name). Please plan to come and play with us, cheer us on, or volunteer! More details will come in future posts.
- Conventions: details are to be confirmed but we will have a table at Calgary Entertainment Expo April 24 to 27. Definitely plan to attend--if all goes well, we'll be part of a panel presentation and some demonstration games, too!
And that's just to start the year. See, told you it was going to be exciting!